For many pupils, difficulties in reading can stem from contrast sensitivity. Many of us can cope with the traditional black and white but for some it is very difficult to read due to the stark contrast.
Pupils who have this issue may:
• Talk about text jumping, lumping or shimmering
• Rub their eyes when reading
• Wriggle or being fidget when reading
• Express a feeling of fatigue when reading
Pupils adapt the contrast to suit their own preferences by setting the screen of their chrome book to the colour that causes the least contrast sensitivity by following these instructions:
1. To install the Change Colour extension, either visit the Google Chrome Extensions website using Google Chrome and search for the extension named Change Colours or go directly to the Change Colour extension.
2. Click on the install button to install the Change Colour extension.
3. Once installed, you will see the Change Colours icon at end of URL field.
4. Right-click on the icon and select Options to change background colour, text colour, links colour and visited links colour.
5. Once your options have been set, you can click on the icon to apply/remove your colour options.