Next week we have upcoming duo “Juna & Joey” who have travelled from the USA to the UK and are visiting various schools around the country in June. They are providing a lucky few schools such as ours with a live performance, followed by a talk on Mental Health, Body Image / Cyber Bullying & a live Q&A for pupils.
Juna & Joey are a singer/songwriter, brother/sister, Country Duo from the USA. The duo’s popularity exploded organically by posting covers on YouTube with almost 7.6 million collective views and a viral Tik Tok at 10 million views. Juna N Joey co-write all of their songs with hit songwriters in Nashville and Los Angeles and will release their self-titled new EP later this year as well appearing in a Levi’s advert.
Stills teenagers themselves and having their own issues with bullying, body image and mental health, they feel they are in the perfect position to deliver these messages to pupils. Please find a link to a couple of their music videos below.
During this troubling time, we know it’s been very difficult for our pupils especially in terms of their mental health, and we hope that Juno & Joey can lift spirits, entertain and ultimately educate pupils on these sensitive subjects. The duo are extremely experienced in delivering these messages for school pupils and has attended over 100 schools in person before the pandemic in the UK and America
- Each session lasts a period.
- Year Groups should attend at following times: S2: Period 2/S3: Period 3/S4 Period 4/S5: Period 6/S6: Period 7
- Teachers should register pupils as quickly as possible and go to the Theatre without delay.
- The session begins with the performance, which is followed by a P.S.E. presentation, a live Q&A with students, and finally a meet and greet.
- Feedback from other schools suggests that the live performance is so engaging that when the message is being delivered, students are often hanging off their every word. It’s a great way to deliver an important message.
- The program is suitable for all secondary pupils and will be delivered to each year group apart from the new S1s
- Juna & Joey will discuss mental health, the causes of mental health problems (stress at school, relationships etc.), a time they have had their own mental health issues, who to turn to for help and the importance of speaking up. They have had their own issues with body image while growing up so will speak about this topic and how they deal with it. They will also speak about the stresses of the past two years during the pandemic, the loss we might all have felt and how we can all better handle the unpredictability and hardship of current times.
- Juna & Joey will give advice on how to stay safe online as well as discussing cyber bullying, where to go for help and their own experiences with trolling, how they were affected by cyber bullying, how they felt at the time, how they reacted, and the outcome of the situation.