Mrs Reid will be delivering two information sessions about the S4 Option process during Parents’ Evening on Tuesday 14th January. Session 1 will be at 4.30pm and Session 2 will be at 6.30pm, both will be held in Room 213. The same information will be given at both sessions so you only need to attend one, although attendance to either session is not compulsory.
S3 pupils who recently sat a maths test have an electronic evaluation of their results on their Google drive that they can show you at home. This not only gives their results, but breaks down the topics they have performed well in and where they need to focus their revision. Please ask your child to show you them. They are in their Google drive under the ‘shared with me’ section. Mrs Henderson’s S3 class have a paper evaluation to be signed and returned next term.
Merry Christmas from the maths department!
S5 and S6 pupils will receive their prelim timetables in registration on Wednesday the 18th of December.
• You should check which examinations you are taking – if you discover that you have two exams at the same time, you should see Mrs Reid immediately. Your subject teachers should tell you which exam you should sit.
• For most courses at National 5, Higher and Advanced Higher levels, you will sit a final exam in May. The prelim is preparation for this exam, and the results will be used to generate estimate grades.
• You are required to register in the usual way, albeit very briefly. Notes of explanation of absence should be provided as normal. Please note that there will be no assemblies from 13th – 28th January 2020 inclusive.
• ALL PUPILS MUST ATTEND NORMAL REGISTRATION ON EACH DAY OF THE EXAMINATION TIMETABLE.
• You should consult the lists outside the examination room each day to find out your seat number. You should also arrive at the examination room at least 10 minutes prior to the start of the exam. When the exam finishes, you should return to your normal class.
• At the times when you do not have an exam, you should follow your normal timetable. These classes may be used for study (this will be up to the class teacher to decide); you should bring the books that you will need to carry out productive revision. If you have PE, you will be expected to bring kit to take part in an activity.
If you miss an examination due to illness, please see your subject teacher as soon as you return to school so that arrangements can be made for you to sit the exam during the remainder of the examination timetable.
• IF YOU HAVE DIFFICULTIES, PLEASE SPEAK TO YOUR HOUSE GROUP TEACHER IN THE FIRST INSTANCE.
Mrs B Reid
Well done to all of the boys who had a friendly game between S1 and S2 last night. The S1’s running out 6-4 winners! A massive thanks to coaches Ian and Martin for making it all happen and to Rowan for reffing!
Please look out for S1, S2 and S3 interim reports coming home in school bags tomorrow (Thursday 5th Dec).
Last Wednesday – 20th November, Anna MacLeod was representing the Highlands in the Scottish Disability Swimming championships in Glasgow. She swam brilliantly in the Breast stroke winning a Silver Medal . WELL DONE ANNA!
Please look out for our Adverse Weather Procedures coming home in school bags tomorrow.
A big thank you to pupils from the DYW Course for attending the ‘Disability Sports Festival’ yesterday. The event was a great success and a great experience for the coaches who really pulled it off.
The feedback from Charlie Forbes and Fiona Green at Highland Disability Sport was very positive and the pupils have left a great impression which will now lead to more opportunities with this partner as the year progresses.