To receive free school meals and assistance with school clothing your household must be in receipt of any one of the following:

  • Income Support
  • Universal Credit (where the monthly earned income does not exceed £610).
  • Income-based Job Seekers Allowance
  • Any income related element of Employment and Support Allowance
  • Child Tax Credit, but not in receipt of Working Tax Credit, and your income is less than £16,105 (as assessed by the HMRC)
  • Child Tax Credit and Working Tax Credit and an income below £7,330 (as assessed by the HMRC)
  • If you are 16 to 18 yrs old and receive any of these benefits in your own right then you can claim for yourself
  • If you are an asylum seeker receiving support
  • Pension Credit Guarantee Credit

If you are in receipt of Council Tax Reduction and received Free School Meals or a School Clothing Grant last year there is no need to re-apply. We will automatically make an award this year. However, if you have a child who is due to start Primary school, or you have a child in High School who will return to fifth year or sixth year after the summer holidays, you will need to inform Highland Council so that they can be included in this year’s award. You can contact them by calling 01463 703645.

The School Clothing Grant is paid by Paypoint Vouchers, which will be sent to the mobile number you have provided. If you have changed your mobile number you must inform us of your new number to ensure you receive payment.

If you have questions relating to the Free School Meals scheme, please contact the operations team by email at or by telephone on 01463 703645.

You can apply here

VISIT US Inverness Royal Academy
Culduthel Road

Tweets by @Inverness_Royal

Inverness Royal Academy Facebook

Back to top