Skip to content ↓

Placing Requests

Each school serves its own particular catchment area. Pupils whose homes are located in that area will have priority in being allocated a place in the school. However, parents have the right to specify the school in which they wish to place their child, which is called a placing request.

If you wish to make a placing request you must complete the online placing request application form. Your child must first be enrolled in their catchment primary school for the placing request to be assessed. If a placing request is granted, transport is the responsibility of the parents or guardians.

Applications must be made to the Area Education Manager, Highland Council, Glenurquhart Road, Inverness, IV3 5NS.

An enrolment form can be obtained here

Transportation to and from school, for placing request pupils, is a parental responsibility. If pupils live outwith the school catchment area and their parents wish them to attend Inverness Royal Academy they can contact Mrs Neil, Depute Rector, to arrange a visit.

Parents of children with additional support needs, (including those that have Coordinated Support Plans) can make placing requests to any school in Scotland including schools outside of the local authority area they live in. All appeals about placing requests to special schools will be referred to the Additional Support Needs Tribunal.

Contact Us

Culduthel Road
01463 667800