Our Parent Council provides a means for parental views to be taken into account in the management of the school; it improves communication between school and home and it is involved in establishing spending priorities. The full Council meets at least once per term although in addition, sub-groups may meet to discuss a specific topic.
The role of the Parent Council at Inverness Royal Academy is to:
- represent the views of all parents/carers;
- encourage links between the school, parents/carers, pupils, pre-school groups and the wider community;
- support the school in its work with pupils;
- report back to all the parents/carers in the school (through the Parent Forum);
- play a role in the appointment of the headteacher and depute headteachers;
- support the school and pupils during school inspections.