S5 and S6 pupils will receive their prelim timetables in registration on Wednesday the 18th of December.
• You should check which examinations you are taking – if you discover that you have two exams at the same time, you should see Mrs Reid immediately. Your subject teachers should tell you which exam you should sit.
• For most courses at National 5, Higher and Advanced Higher levels, you will sit a final exam in May. The prelim is preparation for this exam, and the results will be used to generate estimate grades.
• You are required to register in the usual way, albeit very briefly. Notes of explanation of absence should be provided as normal. Please note that there will be no assemblies from 13th – 28th January 2020 inclusive.
• ALL PUPILS MUST ATTEND NORMAL REGISTRATION ON EACH DAY OF THE EXAMINATION TIMETABLE.
• You should consult the lists outside the examination room each day to find out your seat number. You should also arrive at the examination room at least 10 minutes prior to the start of the exam. When the exam finishes, you should return to your normal class.
• At the times when you do not have an exam, you should follow your normal timetable. These classes may be used for study (this will be up to the class teacher to decide); you should bring the books that you will need to carry out productive revision. If you have PE, you will be expected to bring kit to take part in an activity.
If you miss an examination due to illness, please see your subject teacher as soon as you return to school so that arrangements can be made for you to sit the exam during the remainder of the examination timetable.
• IF YOU HAVE DIFFICULTIES, PLEASE SPEAK TO YOUR HOUSE GROUP TEACHER IN THE FIRST INSTANCE.
Mrs B Reid