Our new term, albeit a very different one, starts on Tuesday. I hope you had an enjoyable and relaxing holiday with your family but more importantly I hope you’re safe and well. It goes without saying that the new term will be very different, presenting new challenges for our school community, but be assured that we will do all we can, with your help, to make sure your children receive the best possible access to their learning and education. Together we must ensure that our young people continue on their appropriate curricular pathway despite the inevitable disruption created by these difficult times.
Our immediate plan is as follows;
- Pupils, including S6 for the first two weeks, will be expected to register online by 12.00 each day. Pupils can access their register class on google classroom and register their attendance. Absentees will be contacted by Guidance staff and or Year Heads.
- S1, S2 and S3 pupils will continue to access BGE materials to be provided, online, by staff .
- S4 and S5 pupils will consolidate the skills and knowledge required to prepare them for moving on to study their chosen subjects for the next year. We hope to confirm our senior pupils’ course choices as soon as possible.
- By the end of the first week we will review the pupils ’course choices and resulting class lists. This will determine when we move to a new timetable.
- We will continue to provide updates on SQA developments.
A great deal of uncertainty surrounds the current situation but we must work hard together , to get the best outcomes possible for our young people. Good communication is key in these unprecedented times and we will continue to provide updates regularly via social media and group texts. Please get in touch with myself of the appropriate year head with any concerns.
All the very best to you and your family,