The Parent Council provides a means for parental views to be taken into account in the management of the school; it improves communication between school and home and it is involved in establishing spending priorities. The full Council meets at least once per term although in addition, sub-groups may meet to discuss a specific topic.
The role of the Parent Council at Inverness Royal Academy is to:
- represent the views of all parents/carers
- encourage links between the school, parents/carers, pupils, pre-school groups and the wider community
- support the school in its work with pupils
- report back to all the parents/carers in the school (through the Parent Forum)
- play a role in the appointment of the headteacher and depute headteachers
- support the school and pupils during school inspections
One purpose of this section of the website is to give you access to relevant Parent Council documents, which can be found here.
Parent Council Meetings
All parents/carers are welcome to attend the meetings of the Parent Council. Meetings usually start at 7.30 and last about 90 minutes, but it is best to check with the school office on the day, just in case.
We need your help in order to fulfil our role. If you have any concerns or suggestions that you would like the Parent Council to address, please let us know. We have our own email address: